Weight Tracker

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Run, Run, Run

I did my first training run last night. 20 minutes total using a run/walk ratio of 2/1 (so 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking.) I had been feeling not so hot all day, and my knee had been rather stiff in the cold weather, but everything seemed to loosen up a bit once I got moving.

I had to do the run on the treadmill, since it is currently in the teens for highs around here. I am not a fan of the treadmill, and our treadmill in particular. I basically spend the entire run watching the clock. Really, no fun at all.

During the run, I noticed I have a tendency to scuff my feet. I noticed this because every time I did it, it made a horrible noise and messed with the speed of the belt on the treadmill. I miss running on the snazzy high tech-y treadmills at the gym I used to go to. My treadmill only does speed and incline, no pre-set courses, no way to enter your weight or height, no heart rate monitors. And since I was using an app on my phone to track my distance, no music or video to watch either. 

The other bummer to the run was that I figured out that my nike + sports band was kaput. It won't hold a charge. That was why I was using my phone to track my distance. Since I can't really justify springing for a fit.bit right now, the phone is going to have to be it. I'm going to have to figure out a way to mount my laptop somewhere that I can access it from the treadmill, or I'm going to go crazy during these runs. And I'm stuck on the treadmill for at least the week according to the weather forecast. I may just need to see if I can get myself to an indoor track or even get a month long membership somewhere.

I did buy a coupon thing for a yoga studio near my house, it's good for five classes. Once I get established with the running, I'm going to try to add in one yoga class a week, they have one on Saturday mornings that looks do able. I don't want to try to add it in until I'm comfortable with my training though, and that won't be for at least a month, I'm guessing.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment