In preparation for my new years goals (which I'll get to later) I set up an alert in my google calendar to have the Hubs pick up the Munchkin on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can get a run in.
The alert went off at 4 to remind me, and so, dutifully reminded I made sure Hubs was picking up the Munchkin, headed home and hopped on the treadmill, queued up Fringe, and settled in for a nice comfortable 3 mile run.
The run felt good, solid. I know I didn't push as hard as I could. It was a comfortable run. It let me know I have more in my legs, which I plan to use on the first run of next year on Thursday.
Now, my goals for next year. They can be summed up almost entirely with: Be more consistent.
I have a lot of great habits, that move me toward my goals, but I do them maybe 60% of the time. And usually not all at once. So breaking my goals down (in no particular order):
- Run 500 miles in 2015 (since I missed that goal this year)
- Bring more home made lunches to work (I get too much pre packaged crap for lunches)
- Eat cleaner (more veggies, less take out)
- Run another Half Marathon (targeting the same one I ran last year right now, but being flexible about which one I run, so I don't get super stressed about the training)
- Add cross training at least one day a week
- Sit still less
The eating goals should be ok, as long as I make it a priority to meal plan and prep once a week.
The next step will be to break those goals down into mini goals, with weekly and monthly targets. I'll save that for another post.
I still owe the race recap for the reindeer run. Hopefully I'll get some uninterrupted computer time at home New Years day to get that typed up.
Happy New Year everyone!