Weight Tracker

Monday, October 13, 2014

A letter to my Running Self.

Dear Running Self,

I miss you. Seriously.

I know we're both busy, heaven knows, with work and a toddler, and a husband who all need some of our attention.

But without you, I'm not myself. I'm not running (ha ha!) on all cylinders. My temper is shorter, I find myself getting overly anxious about random things, and weirdly I have less energy.

I need you back in my life. I need to spend time with you to let out my frustration from the day, to help me work through the anxieties in my head, and to give me the stamina to keep going through my day.

So here's my promise to you, I will try to find you again. I will try to start waking up a half hour earlier so that I can at least try to start shoehorning in some runs around my schedule. I will make you a priority again.

I can't promise you that I'll be able to maintain a regular training schedule right now, Life it just too crazy, but I do promise that this will be more than a once a week attempt.

Sincerely,
Stressed and Tired Self.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I'm sure your running self miss you, too.

    Since you aren't really training for a specific distance don't knock the shorter runs. A two mile quickie is better than a zero mile run, right? GOOD LUCK MAMA!

    ReplyDelete