Weight Tracker

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One step forward, half a step back?

This weekend I got the brilliant idea to rent a carpet cleaner and go ahead and clean all (well most) of the carpets in our entirely carpeted house. Seriously. The only rooms without carpet are the kitchen and the bathroom.

I have never used a carpet cleaner before, and despite reading the directions multiple times, I somehow managed to miss that after I filled the attached bucket with soap and water, I needed to pour it into the machine. I did not realize I had missed a step until after I had done the living room over twice, and waiting for it to dry.

I had decided to clean the upholstery on a chair the cat had "christened", and finally noticed that there was no water coming out when I pulled the "spray trigger."

The upshot was that, with cleaning the rest of the carpets, I spent most of the day lugging the carpet cleaner around. If that doesn't count as a workout, i don't know why. Between carrying the waste water bucket (with 3.5 gallons of water) back and forth, and the actual cleaning, I was exhausted by the end of the day.

I also managed to put some serious stress on my right leg apparently. Random parts of it have been bothering me since saturday. It started with my knee, and my heel (which has been hurting for a while but that's another post entirely), and then yesterday, my calf.

I had been planning on attending a Monday Night Yoga class, but the pain and stiffness in my calf got so bad that I couldn't hold a downward dog for more than a few seconds, let alone suffer through an entire hour of yoga.

The day was not an entire fitness loss however, as I did day one of the 200 sit up challenge and day two of the 100 push up challenge.

I've got some recommendations on things to try to ease the ache in my calf, and I'm planning on sticking to the challenges, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be in good shape to maybe add in a run this weekend.

Diet wise, i've been alright. I'm pretty good at sticking to my points during the week, which leaves me a lot of wiggle room on the weekends. Last weekend I went over on points, and I think I saw that reflected on the scale ( no loss this week.) I'm hoping that this weekend I'll stay closer to my points goal, and thereby see the numbers budge on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment