Weight Tracker

Friday, November 8, 2013

Redemption

Last night I decided to find out once and for all what was going on with my treadmill runs. I strapped on my arm band with my phone in it and loaded up the nike+ running app, which I have calibrated for indoor running already. I set myself up with my laptop to watch shows, and set the treadmill to 3.5. My goal, for the training plan I'm following was a three mile run.

I was comfortable at the pace I was running at and was able to get a little lost in the show I was watching, enough that the sound of the audible from my phone startled me a bit. When the app announced my first mile, the treadmill said no where near a mile.

By the end of the run, when the app announced I'd hit three miles, the treadmill was still saying two miles. My pace according to my phone was a little over an 11 minute mile (average). Way different than the over 16 minute miles the 3.5 converts to.

All of this felt wonderful. I feel vindicated. Those runs felt hard because they were hard! (well for me, an 11 minute mile is faster than I normally run.) And I wasn't wimping out right around two miles, I was hitting three or close to three each time.

The solution of course is to wear my arm band whenever I run on the treadmill, and listen to it and not the numbers in front of me.

Diet wise, things are going ok. I'm sticking close to my points, although tonight and tomorrow will really test that. Weekends are always my downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment