Weight Tracker

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Back to it!

I know this post is late, but I actually did get a run in on tuesday. It was great!  I'm still coughing quite a bit, but I decided I could not take another week off from my training. I really was starting to feel it after the entire week off. Running really has become a sort of stress relief for me, which is weird.

I had four miles on the schedule, but seeing how I'd been feeling, I didn't know if I was actually going to finish out the four miles. I made a deal with myself to run at a comfortable pace, not to worry about speed, and to just make it to at least three miles.

The first mile felt ok, my legs felt fresh and I was surprised that I wasn't coughing. At All. For some reason, while I was running, my lungs opened up and I felt awesome.

Around mile two I started having some funky issue with my left big toe. I'm still not sure what it was, It just kinda hurt every time I landed on that foot. I changed my stride up a bit to land more on the center of my foot than the ball of my foot, and it worked itself out after a while. 

Right around mile three I started feeling it. I hadn't run in a week after all. The arch of my left foot started to complain, and I just felt....tired. I managed to push through it, and make it all the way to finish out the four miles, but that last bit was a bit rough for a while. 

I'm hoping that at some point, I will stop having to have the argument with myself every time I run. The "I want to quit, I'm tired." "Just keep going you're not that tired." argument. 

It's funny because thinking about it, the run was actually really enjoyable and relatively easy, but reading this you'd think I had slogged through the whole run. Really I'm just noting the rough parts, since for the rest of it, I was just cruising. I've got another four miles on the schedule tonight, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. The first run after some time off can often SUCK! Glad you slogged through. Next one will be easier!