Weight Tracker

Friday, January 31, 2014

Total slog fest.

This run was a total slog. I felt awful from the get go. My legs felt fine, but it was a total head game from start to finish just to keep my legs moving.

It started with the fact that I did not want to run. I'm still in a bit of a funk. I had to leave work early today (about an hour after showing up in fact) to take my daughter to the doctors. My husband had noticed hives on her when getting her ready for daycare. So I was home all day with a bored toddler. My daughter wasn't in bed until 8:30.

I didn't have a chance to get on the treadmill until 9:30. I seriously did not want to run, but I made myself get dressed and lace up, because I missed the run thursday, and I was really worried that after the last week of missed runs, it would be too easy for this to be the beginning of the backslide away from training.

I felt alright when I started, but my heart really wasn't in the run from the get go. I kept thinking about how long I had to go, and had to keep consciously distracting myself. Around mile two I started really struggling. I could not believe I had only run two miles, it really felt like I had been running a really long time.

I had to start negotiating with myself to keep running. I had serious doubts I would finish out three miles, let alone the four miles that were on the schedule. I told myself to just finish out three miles. Since my phone is on my arm, I didn't notice when I ticked over three miles. I told myself it was only one more mile, just tough it out. I just really wanted to be done at this point, mentally I was totally done. So I started doing sprints. One minute sprint, one minute back down to normal pace for the last half mile.

It was rough, it wasn't pretty.

I'm just happy I finished it out.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep swimming (or running)!

    Thanks for the regular comments on my blog. I often try to comment on you and Meg B's blogs, but I don't think the verification works well when I'm on my iPhone...and most of the time when I read blogs I'm in the car for carpool.

    ReplyDelete