Weight Tracker

Monday, January 6, 2014

Starting off my "new year"

Ugh. I'm trying so hard to get back on track. The holidays really threw me off. I've decided that having resolutions start on the first in the middle of a busy holiday week was just mean, so I started my resolutions this past sunday. It works out because the Winter Miles Challenge actually starts today (Monday.)

Sunday I decided to ease myself back into my training schedule, with a short 3 mile run. Yes it was supposed to be a long run, but I figured I just needed to get on the treadmill and pound out a short run to get myself moving again.

I hadn't eaten in a while (really since breakfast-and I was doing this run around 5), so I decided that I'd try eating a Honey Stinger Vanilla Waffle while I ran. I also had my water bottle with me, and Captain America on the laptop.

I absolutely loved the Waffle thing. It tasted good, and was easy to eat while I ran. I'm totally going to try to use those when I do long runs. The water bottle was a partial fail though, because it was too small. Or I might have been too dehydrated already. One or the other.

The run itself felt good. I kept a steady pace, and I never got the calf pain that I'd been having earlier. I take that to mean I've adjusted to the new shoes. I didn't really ever feel like I was dying, and had enough left in me to push the pace for the last quarter mile. I noshed on the waffle thing all throughout the run and was downing water. Like I said, I ran out of water well before the end of the run. I'm going to have to try using a bigger water bottle next time!

I think it was a good start to my "new year." Hopefully I can keep the momentum up the rest of this week, and finish out the week on my training schedule to get back into it. I'm down to four months until Race Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment