Weight Tracker

Monday, November 10, 2014

One more step back towards where I need to be.

I did get my run in thursday, a nice solid three mile run. I just set the treadmill and cruised, which is odd considering how....not level my pace chart turned out. Yes, my treadmill is awful, but it still works(ish) and it's better than running after dark outside around where I live.

So. Yeah Thursday run. It was fine I guess. Really just another run, which is awesome, because it means I'm getting back to where I was. Just doing three miles easy.


The next chance I got to run was Saturday, and I did another easy three miles. Right around two miles I started feeling....sluggish I guess is the best word. Just, kinda not into it. Not like I was working super hard, just....like my legs were definitely not fresh.

It occurred to me later that I'm actually dramatically upping my weekly milage right now. Going from not running, to one run, to two runs, and now getting three, three mile runs in in one week. I'm not surprised my legs felt off.


Other than the sluggish feeling in my legs for the last mile, the run was ok. Not great, but not terrible.


I've got two days off before the next run, so hopefully that'll be enough time for my legs to rest up and adjust. I'm going to try to add in one more run next week (run sat/sun.) And then, as long as that goes well, I'm going to go back to following a slow build up plan, and hopefully get myself back in half marathon shape to run the same half I ran this year, The Flower City Half. The race isn't until the end of April, so I should be ok stretching the plan out a bit, and working on increasing my speed after I build my distance back up.

More immediately, I've decided to throw caution to the wind and register for a local Turkey Trot. It's a 4.4 mile, relatively flat course. I plan on running it very conservatively, but I think it'll do my confidence good to get out there for a run on Thanksgiving.

It will also be a good test of how my body is dealing with the pace I'm putting miles back on. So far, I haven't had any bad issues, beyond the sluggish legs on saturday. I did get a wicked migraine on Sunday, but that had more to do with playing with the munchkin around than the runs. I really need to start working some strength training into my program if I intend to keep swinging my 35 lb. toddler around.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but it feels good to have a plan, and a few races to shoot for.




2 comments:

  1. Yay for getting back into the swing of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a race to look forward to always helps with the motivation. great job this week for sure! You're kicking butt on the mileage!

    ReplyDelete