Weight Tracker

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The struggle

I've been having some serious issues with my motivation lately. I've still been able to get it together and force myself to run, but the love? The love is missing.

I still feel great during and after a run, but that totally obsessed, reading everything about running I can get my hands on, dreaming of new gear and new races, LOVE isn't there.

It's resulted in me kinda dropping the ball with the whole blog thing. I still have a turkey trot to recap (and boy was it a doozy of a run.) I've fallen way behind on reading my favorite blogs (which I feel awful about because I honestly enjoy reading them!)

I just...can't get the motivation up to do more than the minimum right now. Which is awful. I had hoped the Turkey Trot would kick me back into gear, and it did, running wise I guess. I've upped my milage during my runs. But I'm having a serious "meh" about the whole thing. It's just this thing I do. And if that Turkey Trot wasn't enough to bring back the love, I'm worried that nothing will. Seriously it was an amazing run.

I'm hoping I'm just tired, the munchkin has been sick just about every other week for the past month and a half. (I say just about because she got sick three weeks in a row in there) Right now it's Croup, which any parent of a kid who's had Croup can tell you, makes for very long nights.

I'll get to that turkey trot write up as soon as I can. Hopefully that'll bring back the love.

3 comments:

  1. I start slacking with blog reading in the winter for sure. Plus being behind while on vacation. I've wittled bloglovin down from over 500 to read now down to about 340 but ugh. Very very time consuming. I've just been scanning and not commenting as much. That's about all I have in me! Hope you find that mojo back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing your mojo is no fun. Have you thought about switching your routine up, maybe doing something other than running? Do you have a bike? Access to a pool?

    And sick kiddos are no joke, especially when they are up all night. Sorry, hon. It sucks. It sucks to feel tired and it sucks when kids are sick. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think winter gets everyone un-motivated this time of year. The best way to combat it is just with baby steps. Start with something as simple as 5 or 10 minutes of some activity each day. It could be sit ups, push ups, planks, running, whatever. It always helps me :)

    ReplyDelete