Weight Tracker

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bad blogger, no cookie!

Ok I've been a bad blogger. I admit it. Honestly I have no good excuses. I've just been in the busy zone.

I haven't been running much, I've been focusing on getting different kinds of exercise in. I dug out my old Jillian Michaels DVD the other day and remembered that I have an upper body that has not been exercised in way too long. (seriously, I barely finished the workout.)

The Saturday before Memorial day The Hubs, Munchkin and I joined a couple friends for the local Color run. It was the "Shine Tour" which meant in addition to the normal colors, we got Glitter and Bubbles. The two toddlers were ecstatic. My daughter still has a scalp full of glitter, almost a week and four baths later. We are definitely going to do it again next year.

The two toddlers (the Muchkin and my friends daughter - who are five days apart in age) even ran for about a half mile of the course. So I figure she earned the medal they handed out at the end of the run. Since this is her second race medal, I decided she needed a medal rack, so I went to target, got some command hooks and lined a couple up on the wall in the living room. Yes, my daughter has a way to display her race medals before I do ^_^

As far as exercise, I've been using this app on my phone: PopSugar Active. It's got a ton of these short 5, 10, and 20 minute videos that are decent enough. The variety and portability are what sold me on it (and the fact that it's free!) The challenge group I joined is doing a "30 minutes of activity a day" challenge this week, so I'm going to have to stack multiple videos to get my 30 minutes in each day.

Oh yeah and my phone randomly died on me last weekend, which sucked. I have a new phone now, but I'm still figuring it out, and haven't gotten a case for it yet, so I'm not sure if I want to run with it or not. I may have to do my next run "naked".

1 comment:

  1. Oh no to the phone dying! Good luck figuring out how to run with it. Isn't that the best, trying to work out new gadgets?

    I love the idea of a glitter run, but glitter in my hair four days later would drive me batty!

    ReplyDelete