Weight Tracker

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Gettin' back on the 'mill

I gave myself a full week off after the half marathon to recover. It was actually hard for me to not run for a full week, but I think it was the best decision for my body.

I did my first run this week on Tuesday, on the treadmill since I was pressed for time.

Right off the bat I could tell my legs were not at 100% yet. My calves were super tight. I started out at a slowish pace to try to work them out, and then started doing short bursts of speed (one or two minutes at an increased speed) since I was trying to get three miles in before The Hubs got home with the Munchkin.


After the first mile, my calves still felt a little uncomfortable, but a lot better, so I upped the speed a little bit. I managed to finish out the three miles with negative splits, which was cool, and to finish it before the Hubs got home, which was awesome.


Not a bad first run back at it, but not the best. I think I'm going to take a few weeks to just kind of get back into the groove before figuring out a new training plan. This time around, I'm going to be looking for speed instead of distance, so if anyone knows a good plan to up your speed, let me know!



2 comments:

  1. I used the Galloway one for speed, then got sick so couldn't follow it. But I know some of the training was running 800's and stuff.
    Nice job on the 'mill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your body time to recover. I'd say give yourself another week before really pushing your speed. Lots of track workouts, tempo runs, and 800s in your future! The biggest thing to remember with speed is a quick turnover!

    ReplyDelete