Weight Tracker

Saturday, May 14, 2016

A rocky start

This first week at home has been weird. I know it won't be in any way how a "normal" at home week will go, which is making it hard to settle in to my new life.

First, I had a two and a half day long headache to start the week. It started sometime Sunday evening, intensified at around 4 am on Monday morning, and hung around, tapering off sometime late night Tuesday. It really put a damper on the start of my week.

My parents invited me to come along to a Garden Store on Monday, Read as: They needed my help pushing the cart. (My mother has Multiple Sclerosis and is completely Wheel Chair bound.) What I assumed would be a quick hour trip turned into a three hour errand that stole much of my energy and time.

My Brother and his wife showed up in town this week on short notice, which threw all of my plans for the week out the window. They live in Chicago, so we don't get to see them very often. They showed up Wednesday, so the second half of the week was spent mostly over at my parents, doing things with them.

Fitness wise, I've been "easing" into my new routine by walking the dog instead of running. I ended up hitting 10,000 steps every day this week except friday (when I missed it by 500 steps.) This was helped in large part by the fact that this week was the Lilac Festival, a large outdoor festival in Highland Park. It's a decent walk from our house to the Festival grounds, and we ended up walking there and back Tuesday to go to a concert, and then I did the walk again on Thursday when we went with my Parents, and my Brother and his Wife.

I had my "Week One" weigh in for the Ton of Fun challenge, and although I showed a loss, it was only a loss of about 0.8 lbs. which was disappointing. I know my eating hasn't been on point this week, but I have been tracking everything and have stuck to within a few hundred calories of my goal.

I've got a run planned tomorrow with my (much faster than me) running buddy, and next week should be a more "typical" week, so I'm hoping to show more of a loss on the scale for week two.

Moving Forward.

1 comment: