Weight Tracker

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 2....Go!


Today is day two of starting my day off with juice. Yesterday went relatively well, I kept myself from eating until almost lunch time. I had a banana at 11, so a little before lunch, but I figured it was fruit so not so bad. 

I had a hard time not snacking all evening. I've been having a bout of insomnia along with the cold (yes i'm sure they are related,) so I was really tired and cranky. All I wanted to do was eat and curl up in front of the TV and then pass out. 

Mondays are usually Yoga nights, but with a head full of snot and a cough that could have knocked me off my yoga mat (along with, i'll admit it, a healthy dose of "I'm too tired for this",) I stayed home to sit on the couch and watch TV. Just like I wanted to.

Except I have a toddler. A very cute, very active toddler. Who loves her momma, and wants her momma's attention. So there wasn't much sitting and relaxing happening until later, when she was in bed.

Once the toddler was in bed, dinner was over and I was comfortably installed on the couch in front of the television, I no longer had the urge to snack on everything in the house. In fact I very resolutely turned down offered snacks. I was simply not hungry any more. 

But before that, oh man. I had been decent all day in the eating department. I had Ratatouille for lunch with a small bag of Kettle corn, 12(yes I count them out) animal crackers and two WW cheese sticks for snacks (I tend to snack all day instead of just eating lunch). I stuck to the one cup of coffee (I drank decaf tea instead) and with the exception of the banana, did not eat until after lunch. Once at home though, the battle started. Cake in the fridge, cookies in the pantry. The enticing smell of the pulled pork slow cooking in the crock pot. I caved and had a small piece of cake, but that was it. I only had one pulled pork sandwich (with minimal bbq sauce) for dinner.

I had trouble falling asleep again last night, although we did go to bed earlier, so I'm sure I was able to get at least a decent amount of sleep. I feel exhausted today. I woke up with a headache (I'm sure my caffeine taper has something to do with that.) I still have a cold. I've finished my "breakfast juice" and am sipping my one (cold) allotted cup of coffee. I'm already starting to feel hungry, and it's not even 10. I think today, with it's rapidly accumulating stress level, is going to be a challenge. 

Tonight is going to be another monumental diet challenge. Tonight is family dinner night at the in-laws, and since this past week was my husbands birthday, it's a birthday dinner. My Father In Law is a great cook, and usually makes relatively healthy, tasty meals (even though i do end up over eating even on the healthy food too.) This week however, since it's a "birthday dinner" we will be ordering out for food. It is very hard for me to find something healthy and within my diet when we order out. And I'm sure there will be cake, or pie, and cookies, and ice cream. 

Since I know it will be almost impossible for me to eat only healthy food tonight, I'm going to try to focus on eating small portions of each thing I eat. I will try to make healthy decisions, but I'm realistic about my ability to turn down cake, or fries for that matter. I think focusing on having a very small amount of these things might be a good strategy tonight. We'll see how well I do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment