Weight Tracker

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Keeping toddlers happy can be great exercise.

Tuesday's run totally didn't happen. I had a sore throat all day, and by the time I got home it had developed into a deep chest-y cough. I contemplated toughing it out on the treadmill, but decided not to risk further illness, and let the run go. I'm 100% ok with my decision as I am now (as of thursday) cough free, and looking at going into the race on Saturday feeling good(ish.)

The only other thing of note was that my daughter was sick yesterday (Wednesday,) so I was home with her all day. Being home with a sick, but active toddler is exhausting. She's basically go go go all the time, and because not everything in the world is Toddler safe, needs to be watched. Also because she has this fascination with trying to knock all the needles off our christmas tree. So I spent the day in Amuse, Distract, Occupy mode. And then went and cleaned what I could in the house while she napped. So I think yesterday should count for something in the exercise department.

Tonight I'm hoping to get a nice solid 4 miles in so I can feel good going into Saturdays race. I'm super nervous about over using my legs and being tired on Saturday, but I'd rather get the run in then not.

Also, I'm facing a decision, I have a four mile run on the training schedule on Saturday, but the race is only (ha!) a 5k. Should I run the difference later?

No comments:

Post a Comment