Weight Tracker

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Saturday's short hilly run.

On saturday, I had planned my long run, but we had to go car shopping, which took most of the day. By the time I was able to do my run, I really only had time enough for a short run. I figured I'd slip my long run to sunday and just do a hilly short run around my parents house.

Right away something didn't feel right on the run. I had eaten a big lunch, so I figured that might be it. It felt like something was sitting just below my diaphragm. I spent a lot of time convincing myself I was not about to throw up.

I knew I wasn't going to be doing a very long run, so I decided to make it a hilly one, and chose the turns I knew would include the most ups and downs. I was not counting on the fact that it was also super windy out.

I struggled through this whole run. In fact, I didn't really start to feel good until right before I hit the third mile. I should have just kept running at that point, but I had only planned on running three, so I stopped at (a little over) three.

At one point when I was running, I stepped funny and felt a twinge in my knee. I panicked, but it didn't seem to persist as I ran. Unfortunately, something had happened, and sunday my knee complained all day. Nothing too serious, but enough that I called my Sunday run off out of an abundance of caution.

It's now tuesday, and I haven't run since Saturday. This frustrates me to no end. I'm six weeks away from my first half marathon. I need to get it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment