Weight Tracker

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Last Run of the Year!

Last night I did my last run for 2014. It was very anti-climatic for a last run, partly because I didn't realize before hand that it would be the last run of the year.

In preparation for my new years goals (which I'll get to later) I set up an alert in my google calendar to have the Hubs pick up the Munchkin on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can get a run in.

The alert went off at 4 to remind me, and so, dutifully reminded I made sure Hubs was picking up the Munchkin, headed home and hopped on the treadmill, queued up Fringe, and settled in for a nice comfortable 3 mile run.


At the one mile mark, my phone let me know I was averaging around a 12'20" pace, so I bumped up the speed a tiny bit, and settled in to a nice comfortable gait. Around the two mile mark, I realized I wasn't working very hard, so I pumped up the speed a bit again, and went for a while at a faster pace (around 11'50", dropped down to around a 12' pace for a minute to recover after a sprint then bumped it back up to around 11'40" to finish out the milage.




The run felt good, solid. I know I didn't push as hard as I could. It was a comfortable run. It let me know I have more in my legs, which I plan to use on the first run of next year on Thursday.


Now, my goals for next year. They can be summed up almost entirely with: Be more consistent.

I have a lot of great habits, that move me toward my goals, but I do them maybe 60% of the time. And usually not all at once. So breaking my goals down (in no particular order):


  • Run 500 miles in 2015 (since I missed that goal this year)
  • Bring more home made lunches to work (I get too much pre packaged crap for lunches)
  • Eat cleaner (more veggies, less take out)
  • Run another Half Marathon (targeting the same one I ran last year right now, but being flexible about which one I run, so I don't get super stressed about the training)
  • Add cross training at least one day a week
  • Sit still less
I've been working lately on setting myself up for success with these goals. I ordered a fitbit (which should arrive friday) which will help me with the sitting still issue. For Christmas I got the Believe Training Journal which should keep me on track for both running, cross training goals and half marathon goals.

The eating goals should be ok, as long as I make it a priority to meal plan and prep once a week.

The next step will be to break those goals down into mini goals, with weekly and monthly targets. I'll save that for another post.

I still owe the race recap for the reindeer run. Hopefully I'll get some uninterrupted computer time at home New Years day to get that typed up.

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Great run and those are some great goals for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goals! I have the Jawbone and it buzzes at me after 20 minutes of sitting. Every time that happens I get up a do a lap around my office. Or if I am at home I do a couple of laps around the house. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete