Weight Tracker

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

I didn't know I was broken till I wanted to change.

Apparently I'm no good at recognizing limitations. Or at least, it seems that being smacked down by this thing has made me do something crazy.

I signed up to run the Flying Pig Half Marathon in Cincinnati, OH.

Now, it's not until May next year, so I have plenty of time to get myself trained up to the distance. Also I'll have people to run with, as a few of the Ladies from a Facebook group I'm kind of a lurker on are going to be getting together for this (talk of this is kind of what lead to the crazy decision to sign myself up.)

I've finally got myself started on the training plan I'd mentioned before, although I decided to step back and start with the 10k training plan, then feed myself into the Half Marathon training plan, since I have the time, and I don't want to burn myself out by starting out with too high a milage.

I'm a whole two days in to the plan, and the first day (of the modified schedule I created) was the swim day, So I can't really tell how I'm handling the training yet. I'm still toying with the idea of what I'm going to do for my cross training day, it falls on a Thursday so I could theoretically use that day to go to Karate, but I'm worried about that being too much for my legs. I was thinking maybe biking would work, or another swim day. I don't know, I'll figure it out.

It's time to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment