Weight Tracker

Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Fibro Effect

I'm finally starting to come out of the crazy bad Fibro episode I've been having. I'm not calling it a "flare" because it really was a lot of small flares and badness caused by me stepping off my medication.

During this "episode," I very nearly gave up. It was impossible to exercise, even getting through my bare minimum each day was sometimes more than I could do. I was requiring naps, two hours of each day lost to the fog.

I was hungry, and forgetful. I'm not sure exactly how bad I was eating, but I know it wasn't good.

Add in a family vacation, and boom. I've gained back the weight I managed to loose during the tons of fun challenge.

It feels impossible. I can run two miles one day, but barely walk up and down my stairs the next (sore muscles aside.) I recover so excruciatingly slowly. I did a Ju-Jitsu class with my daughter, which didn't feel all that taxing, and was flattened with sore achey muscles for almost a week.

I keep trying, and I keep failing. I do what I can when I can, and it's not enough.

I'm so tired of being out of shape, of not being comfortable in my body or my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment